Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, February 7, 2011

Best Week So Far

Every Monday, I try to go to yoga. Now I am finding myself in downdog, looking at the clock, and wondering if I have received an email yet! Time to get my concentration back. Here are a few words from this week's letter:

This past week has been my best week at the mtc so far. The tagalog is coming slowly and with a lot of hard work and my knowlege of gospel of Jesus Christ is increasing. Some of the important things that I have learned this past week from class, study and meetings have about dilligence and obedience. First speaking of dilligence. dilligence is essential every day of your mission. I have learned that there is no time for coasting in any aspect of your mission. To be the best missionary you can be you always need to be working on improving yourself. One way that I have learned this is from Tagalog and teaching. Right when you start to get comfortable with a part of the language or with a certain lesson there is going to be a curveball thrown at you to make you humble and realize how much you need to work to improve. The second thing that I have learned a lot about is obedience. Obedience to rules will make or break a missionary. There are some little rules that might not make sense but they are there for a reason. It makes me really sad to see a large number of elder's break the "little, or unimportant rules". Every rule is important and as we follow them we will be blessed. One way that I have learned this is through quiet time at night. Every night 10:15 is quiet time. A lot of elder's disregard this rule, but as I have been trying to follow it I have been able to have thoughts of inspiration on impressions from the spirit as I write in my journal, read a letter or just sit and think. If I hadn't had been trying to follow the rules I wouldn't have been able to recieve these thoughts from the spirit.

The longer I am in the mtc the more i am begining to realize how much I am learning from my companionship with Elder Tomasi. I feel that we are companions for a reason and we both have many things learn from one another. A day doesn't go by that I am not amazed that Elder Tomasi is on a mission. He has only been a member of the church for a year, most of his family hates him for joining the church and going on a mission. Still he has an incredible testimony and works hard to always serve and love others. It has made me realize what's important and how blessed I am to have the family that I have. A fun fact about elder Tomasi - He boxed in the olympics in China! I love Elder Tomasi.

Speaking of Elder Tomasi, He needs mail really bad! If any of you could send him a little note I know it would mean the world to him! This week a letter to him is more important than a letter to me. Well my time is almost up. I will write you another letter and send it today with some pictures, some fun stories, and with some good tagalog phrases. I wish I could write you more than one time a week.

I love you, Mahal Kita

Elder Leishman

Elder Tomasi
MTC Mailbox #148
PHI-ANG 0321

No comments:

Post a Comment