Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Exchanges Na Naman 11/12/12

Dear Friends and Family, This past week has been another great week! We we went on three exchanges and got a lot of really important things accomplished. It has been a great week. During this week I was able to work with some incredible Elders. One of them has only been out for a week! It was fun to work a new greenie. He is really struggling with Tagalog but he really knows how to follow the spirit. It was cool to see how the Lord uses his right now to bless others lives. On one of the exchanges I went on we taught 11 refferals from one member for the first time. All of them were men ages 20-25 and all were married and many of them had children. This was the first time I have ever tuaght a group like this . It was an amazing expereince. We taught about the how the Gospel blesses families and the restoration. At the end of hte lesson I felt prompted to bring up baptism so I did. The spirit was so strong as we talked about the importance of baptism and read some scriptures about it. It was awesome to see the desire of these men to come closer to Jesus Christ and to improve the lives of their families. We gave the invitation to baptism and I'm glad we did. That was a great spiritual lesson. This week we will be getting two missionaries! They have both been out for a year and are currently serving in India but due to visa problems they need to leave the country and it looks like they will be coming to Angeles for 2 transfers. I am really excited to get more missionaries It's going to be difficult because neither of them speak a lick of tagalog... However I know the Lord has a purpose for all things and it will end up being an awesome experience. This past week Elder Adao have been trying to really focus on opening our mouths or OYM as we call it in our mission. In the office we don't have as many chances to oym as other missionaries because we don't have our own proselyting area but we really wanted to achieve the Standard of excellence in this key indicator and find the people that the Lord has prepared to receive the Gospel. As we have done this we found out that there are soooo many opportunities to talk to people about the Gospel. The more I talk to people about hte Gospel the happier I am. I have also felt the influence of the spirit greater throughout each day. In Angeles there are a lot of busy people who really aren't interested in the Gospel but there are people out there waiting for us. I think that all of us have opportunities to share the Gospel and we can never loose that opportunity. It's such a joy to serve as a missionary. Nothing can compare to the Joy you feel as you preach the Gospel. Missionary work is only rewarding if you do things because you really care about the people the you interact with everyday. Without love for the Savior and love for your investigators and the people you meet on the street missionary work isn't fun at all. In D&C 4 it talks about the need to have charity and brotherly kindness as a missionary. I feel like charity is one of the big keys to becoming a successful missionary. I feel like my love has been increasing lately which is good news. I have been working on that but I still have lot's of progress to make pa. Mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman (Pictures) In the Philippines Christmas season starts once you hit the "ber" months, so once it's september you'll hear Christmas music in all the stores and see Christmas decorations start coming up. So yes I have been hearing Christmas music for a little over2 months now. Dad please forgive me. This past week our guard put up our Christmas lights here at hte mission office. The first picture is of me in front of the office and the second is me with kuya Jose (our guard). Kuya Jose is one of my favorite people ever!)

No comments:

Post a Comment