Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Friday, November 9, 2012

Transfers and ZLC 11/5

Mga minamahal ko sa buhay, This this has been another busy week! We had transfers and our zone leaders council meeting which kept us very busy. Last, last week we got stuck in Baler due to some small landslides blocking the highway and some flooding because of heavy rains. Our schedule got really delayed and that is why my email was so short last week. It was quite the weekend driving through floods to pick up a couple missionaries and a senior couple who were stranded in a remote area, cleaning up the house of some elders who were flooded, and picking up departing missionaries. We also were able to work in 3 different proselyting areas in Baler because we were stuck there for a while. The only down side was we weren't planning on staying very long so we didn't pack a lot of clothes. Elder Adao and I ended up washing our clothes in a bucket at night, hanging them up to dry while we slept and then we ironed them in the morning to finish getting them dry. It actually worked out ok! The best part of the weekend was being to do service. The Lord gave us so many opportunities to serve others. We were in the right time at the right place and I know it was all because of the Lord. Even though it seemed like a lot of things went wrong something happened everyday which was evidence that the Lord wanted us where we were doing what we were doing. It was like he put a little signature of everyday through something little that had real significance to me. This past week transfers went really well. We had 15 departing missionaries and 16 arivals. It was sad to see the departing missionaries go. I know a lot of them really well. They were a very solid batch. They all served really well. Things went really smooth, especially considering that transfers were on all saints day. A huge holiday in the Philippines were everyone goes to the cemetery and visits the graves of their family members. It always is fun to be with new missionaries. They just have this excitement that is contagious. This was a big group how came in and they will do a lot of good things for the mission. There were 2 missionaries who didn't go home until saturday because there were 2 families who didn't This past week we had our zlc meeting again and it was my favorite zone leaders council I have attended yet. The spirit was so strong. Especially in our testimony meeting. I don't think I have ever been in a more powerful testimony meeting than that one. There were no thank-amoies, or long stories just pure beautiful testimony. Elder Adao and I gave a workshop about Leadership and light. We talked about light in a scriptural sense and then we talk about how we as leaders need to be a light to others and to help increase the light in others. It was awesome. Elder Adao and I had a less-preparation time than we have in the past to make our workshop but because of that I felt like we were guided more by the spirit. The Spirit is the real teacher. When the spirit is with us darkness leaves and light can fill our minds and lives. Our zlc meeting was a great time for revelation and to be spiritually fed. This past week we finally got the rescue book done. We had the cover handpainted and it is beautiful! I am very happy with it. It's worthy to go to the prophet! I am so thankful for my testimony. I keeps me going everyday. I love my Savior and I know him. He loves us all. This is his work. I know that the Lord guides us to the places we need to be if we listen to the promptings of the holy ghost. If we look closely at everyday, we will the Lord's hand orchestrating our lives. It's such an amazing thing to see that happen. Next week I want to write about some of the experiences I have been having with the Book of Mormon lately. Lots of good stuff. Also this week we will start our traveling and I am excited to do a lot of teaching. mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment