Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Book of Mormon 10/8

Dear Friends and Family, This past week has been another super, super busy week! It was also an awesome week! One of the things I really enjoyed about this last week was our ZLDLC or the Zone Leader District Leader Council. These were the meetings where we introduced the the Book of Mormon as our topic for the month. President gave training and Elder Adao and I had the opportunity to give a workshop on the Book of Mormon as well. We taught about the Book of Mormon as the keystone of our religion and focused on how it is a testimony of Jesus Christ. The spirit was so strong as we taught that workshop. The more I study the Book of Mormon the more I realize how amazing it is. We also started off zone interviews this week and at every zone interviews Elder Adao and I do some training as well. After much prayer and study we decided to do our workshop on using the scriptures in teaching. This is such an important part of becoming and effective teacher. We noticed on our exchanges that this is one thing that we can improve on as a mission so we chose this topic as our workshop. We have noticed that a lot of less-active members and investigators we teach don't read the Book of Mormon because they don't understand how much it will bless their life. Part of our workshop was teaching missionaries how to use the book of Mormon in teaching to help others see how it can bless their lives. Elder Adao and I prepared really well for this workshop but while we were on our way out there we had a couple impressions come to our mind about changing a couple things in our workshop that morning. We both felt good about it so when we changed our workshop when the time came. It was amazing how well the missionaries reacted the the little part we changed. It was like something clicked in their heads immediately and they understood what we were trying to teach them. I am so glad that we followed the prompting we had to change what we had already prepared. I know that if we prepare the Lord will guide us in all we do. Preparation is crucial guidance in the moment you need it. You can't prepare once your there. We weren't able to watch general conference this past week because it's re-broadcast here the week after. That means I will have the opportunity to watch conference this upcoming weekend. I am so excited for conference! I don't know if I have every looked forward to a conference this much in my life! It's always amazing how I feel like so many things that the speakers say are said just for me and how I receive answers to so many questions I have already prepared a lists of questions I have right now for conference and I am excited for the answers I receive through the holy ghost and through the words of living prophets. Lately things have been really busy with lots of unexpected things happening. I have learned to love this quote that president says, "Everyday brings problems to solve and relationships to savor". He says it's from Gordon B. Hinckley. It is such a wonderful way to look at things. There are always problems to solve and we should look at everyday as an opportunity to serve and enjoy our relationships with others. When you look at things that way problems don't seem as heavy and you enjoy life rather than endure it. I love this work. It's so true! mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment