Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Sunday, December 30, 2012

ZLDLC December 2

Dear friends and Family, This past week has been an awesome week. As usual it has been another busy week. One of the highlights of the day for me was ZLDLC. They were both awesome days full of the spirit. Elder Adao and I gave our workshop and developing Christlike attributes with a focus on charity. President gave his training on Christ's Character. It was amazing. He talked aobut all hte titles of Jesus Christ in the scriptures and then we went into the scriptures and focused on Christ's character. It's amazing how in everything he did he was always focused on the concerns and needs of others. No matter how hard things were for Christ he never complained he just loved and served others. Even up to his death on the cross, the Savior was always concerned about others. It was humbling to realized how much the Savior loves all of us and to get to understand his character a little better. I love my Savior and I am thankful for the my testimony of him. He is the real head of hte church and he is the one who is running our mission. Last night on an exchange I was working with an Elder that is fairly new in his area. He didn't really know how to get around his area very well and we ended up getting lost a few times. It was a funny interesting experience. We were looking for a barangay called Sitio Pader and we asked a man directions how to get there. He gave us directions and we started walking hte way he told us to. After walking for 5-10 minutes the Elder I was working with thought we were more lost so we asked another lady for directions and the lady was actually a less-active woman who the missionaries hadn't met before. She told us all about here baptism and about how she lost her book of Mormon and wanted a new one. The Elders are going back to teach her on Wednesday. The funny part of the story in the less-active sister gave us directions to Sitio Pader and they were exactly opposite of the the directions that the man had given us earlier. I feel like the Lord led us to that less-active sister through the man who had no idea how to get to Sitio Pader. The Lord really does guide us to his children who are ready to recieve the Gospel. Yesterday we went to church in Gerona an area that I worked in a couple months ago. At church I saw 5 recent converts who I taught as investigators a couple of months ago. It was awesome to see them again as members of the Church. One of them even blessed the sacrament. Even though I only taught them once i still felt the connection I had with them. It's amazing how the Gospel can unite people. One of the recent converts is 17 years old and really liked my tie so we switched ties after church in the CR. The best part of yesterday was the sacrament meeting. The testimony meeting was almost full of just pure testimonies. Not thank-amonies or kuwentomonies, or story telling, just pure testimony. The spirit was so strong in htat room. I felt so uplifted and so many people were excited to get up and share their testimonies. That's waht fast and testimony meeting is about. Uplifting each other through our testimonies. It was a great day. I love this work so much. It's such a blessing to serve others. My scritpure for the week is Mathew 20:27. It's so important to serve others like the Savior did. I'll let you know next week if I transfer or not. mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman.

No comments:

Post a Comment