Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pabo Sa Clark 11/26 2012

This past week has been another great week. We went on lots of exchanges. Since the mission president's seminar a couple weeks ago president has encouraged us to go on more exchanges even if it's just for a couple hours after our office work. We have tried to follow president's council and have been out working almost every night. It's been such a joy to work with all the Elders here in Angeles zone and throughout the misssion. I learn so much on exchanges. Everyone has their own style of teaching and there are so many ways to always improve. One of my favorite lessons I taught this week was in San Jose. I was lucky enough to go back and work in my old area and I was able to teach 2 of my old investigators who ahve since been baptized. I also taught hte Vergel De Dios family again! Brother Vergel De Dios is now the ward executive secretary and he finished hte Book of Mormon for the first time the night before I tuaght him. They are preparing to be sealed as a temple this december 20. Everytime I see them I see how the Gospel continues to bless and change their lives. I saw many miracles this week in the work. A couple of you asked about my birthday. My birthday was on thanksgiving and every thanksgiving all the senior couples in our mission have a meeting and a thanksgiving dinner at the mission home. We usually don't get to eat at those kind of meetings but President invited us this time which was nice. Our office couple also had a couple of their children visiting who attended our little thanksgiving dinner as well. We had Turkey stuffing and all the fixins. It was a delicious meal. We had a exchanges the day before my birthday and we slept at those Elder's house. One of the Elders was elder Garcia. They ended up secretly buying ice cream for me so that would be my birthday breakfast. We ate it on pandesal (warm little Filipino bread). Ice cream on bread for breakfast. The best. That night Elder Adao and I went out and worked with some Elders in Angeles. It ended up being an awesome exchange. I worked with an Elder who is training right now and he is one bold teacher. He teaches the Gospel boldly but with love. You can tell he means everything he says. It was awesome to work with him. I learned a lot from that exchange. Over the last month we have been reading the Book of Mormon as a mission and marking all references to Christ and Christ's words. It has been amazing to see all the titles of Jesus Christ and how he is in every page of the Book of Mormon. By doing this activity I have been better able to understand the mission of Jesus Christ & who he really. In Connection with our Savior we are focusing on Christlike attributes this month in our mission. This week we have ZLDLC and Elder Adao and I are so excited to give a workshop on this tomorrow on Christlike attributes. I feel like the more Christlike a missionary becomes the better missionary he is. Your teaching and finding improve greatly as you improve your Christ-like attributes. I feel like once you master ch. 6 of preach my Gospel the rest of it becomes a lot easier. Personally I most definately have not mastered my Christlike attributes but I'm striving to improve everyday. I love what Jesus Christ says in 3 Nephi 27:27 about what manner of men we ought to be. We should be just like Jesus Christ. It's a process that's only possible because of the atonement and it happens a day at a time. I love this work. It's weird to think I only have a couple more months. These last two months are going to be the best 2 months! mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment