Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Buhay Parang Tsinelas Nov 19

Dear Friends and Family, This past week has been a great week. We traveled a lot this week with a exchanges and had a some transfers happen with the 2 new misisonaries that came in from India. It was awesome to have the 2 new missionaries come in. We talked about hte work in India and how much different it is from the work here. It's amazing how the Gospel in the same wherever you go but missionary work is different everywhere you go. There are some things that are hte same everywhere but every mission has unique locations, people, culture and situations. This week I was able to work Elder Andrus and Elder Ambao on an exchange and It was awesome! That day we didn't teach any lessons but we taught a lot of people! It was such a good spiritual day. I could feel the strong love and concern the Elders had for every person we talked to and met and it made all the difference in how we taught and it helped create a great spiritual atmosphere. During that exchange we oym-ed a man on the side of the road who actually was the father of one of the recent converts in that area. He also told us from the minute that we met him that he wasn't interested in listening us and came up with many excuses. However we persisted in talking with him and asked him questions about his family and his belief in family after this life. After a few minutes he decided to listen to us but didn't really seemed that excited about it. We taught him about eternal families and hte plan of Salvation and by the end of that lesson there was a great big smile and Tatay's face. The spirit and the Plan of Salvation touched his heart. He told us to come and teach him again and I can't wait to hear how the next visits go. This past week I came upon a quote by President Thomas S. Monson that says " Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved". I really love this quote. It made me think of Ammon's love for King Lamoni and Christ love for all of us. In Moroni 7 It talks about how important Charity is for all of us and how without Charity we are nothing. Charity is more of a lifestyle rather than a rare occurance The more we love hte people we teach the harder we work to help them accept hte Gospel. I love the Phlipino people. They are a charitable people who know how to love on another. I am so thankful for the examples in my life how have true charity to all and aren't afraid to show it. I have loved working with missionaries who love all people. I absolutely love missionary work! Things are going really good right now. I don't know if I have every been more busy and more tired in my life but I love it. I am so thankful for hte opportunity to share the Gospel and to help others recieve the blessings of the atonement in their lives. I am thankful for hte atonement and how it gives us the strength to grow and improve everyday to become true disciples of Christ. I love the Philippines, I love these pepole. I love my companion. I love the Work. mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman As far as pictures go. The first picture is a picture of me at an eating appointment last night. A member fed us sushi that he made(it even had mango in it!). The next coule pictures are from our p-day activity this morning. We hiked a mount Arayat this morning for a zone activity. It was beautiful. We have 3 new misisonaries here in our zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment