Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Friday, October 5, 2012

ZLC and a trip to the Mayor 9/3

Dear Family, This past week has been another awesome week! We had another Zone leader's council meeting which was awesome. I always love ZLC's. It was different this time to give a workshop at ZLC. Before we started the afternoon section I was a little nervous about the workshop so I went into our appartment and I knelt and said a little prayer. As I prayed I just felt a great warm peace. I just felt really sure about everything. Our workshop ended up going really well and it was a very spiritual expereince. It's amazing how much you end up learning when you are in the Teacher's position rather than the Learning position. Everyone actually ends up learning and growing from each other. I better understand what it means in D&C 50 :22 "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together." One of the Cool Experiences this past week was going to meet the Angeles City Mayor with President Martino and Preisdent Briones (the stake president here). We met with the mayor Eguardo Pamintohan and expressed our gratitude for all he is doing here in Angeles. We also presented him with a wooden Liahona. We talked about the Liahona and what it means to us. He was really interested and had some really good questions. We shared some verses with him from the Book of Mormon about the Liahona and how it's like a compass that God used to guide his people. We then talked about it's important that God guides us in all we do. It was a really spiritual short lesson. We went in with the approach of trying to follow the example of Ammon when he served king Lamoni. Last year the missionaries here in Angeles zone acutally did a service project for Mayor Pamintohan which was a good start. This week we are going back to give him a picture that we took with him. It just was a cool experience. This week is zone conference! Which means Elder Garcia and I will be traveling again. We will be giving a workshop at all of the zone conferences and I am really looking forward to it. Our workshop this week is about vision. We are talking about how we all need to have a vision for our zone and our area. Where there is no vision the people perish. We are then going to connect how we need to use time wisely to achieve our goals and visions. One thing we are also going to talk about is becoming a "visionary man" (1 Nephi 5:4). We are also going to use the story from 1 Nephi 17-18 about nephi being commanded to built a boat. It's going to be a good workshop. It was President Martino's idea for this to be the topic of our zone conference and this past week I have learned so much about revelation and about having a vision. It's been such a great week of study and a week of revelation. I know that this is what the Lord wants to teach these next few days and I couldn't be more excited. Right now things are going really well. Everyday is different and we are really busy. Our schedule is never the same so we have to adjust lots of things like personal study. One of the most important lessons that I have learned this past week is how important it is to study in the morning rather than in the afternoon or night. When you read in the morning it gives you spiritual power and gets you going on the right step. When I read in the morning even if it's super early in the morning I am more intune to the spirit throughout the day and am just happier. When I read at night it's just not the same. I hope we all take the time we need to everyday to feast in the Words of Christ because the words of Christ tell us everything we need to do. I love this work and I love being a part of it. mahal ko kayong lahat! Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment