Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Friday, October 5, 2012

A New Companion! 9/17

Dear friends and family, This past week I got a new companion and drumroll please.................... It's........ Elder Adao!!! I am so excited to be companions with Elder Adao again! I have really loved being with Elder Garcia and I have learned so much from him. I miss him. At the same time It's been awesome to be back with Elder Adao. When President called us into his office and showed us the transfer board. The First place I looked was the assistants slots and I was please to see Elder Adao's name next to mine. We picked him up last Wednesday and he was a little nervous at first but is doing awesome! I love working with Elder Adao because we focus on the work and work in unity really well. This week has been another busy week and most of it has been spent in the office. One of my favorite parts of the week was attending a meeting with all the trainers and trainees who are about to finish up their 1st transfer. In all the missions the trainers and trainees go through whats called "The first 12 weeks". It's the program that we use to train new missionaires. We have this meeting with the Trainers and trainees to follow up on how they are doing with the 12 week course and progress in other areas. This was such a fun meeting to be at and it was so amazing to teach them. I felt like they did most of the teaching. New missionaires just have a fire inside of them to do work. They are so excited to learn and to teach and to just be a missionary. I hope that they can keep that up with them throughout their whole missions. I hope that I still have the fire that a new missionary has. This week Elder Adao and I had a cool experience when we were coming up with ideas for our mission training plan this upcoming month. Usually we come up with ideas and then we go and share them with President. President also comes up with ideas and they are almost always very similar or hte same as the assistants. I did my personal study and I didn't really feel like I had any inspiration. It was an ok study but I didn't have any strong feelings. Then we went into our companionship study and it was pretty much the same way. After about 30 minutes we decided to kneel and say another prayer. After that things started to come untill we realized that we need to have our mission training plan be about the Book of Mormon. This expereince taught me a lot. I realized that during my personal study and the first part of my companionship study I was focusing on what I wanted to do not what the Lord wanted. I realized that in order to recieve revelation we need to first seek to do God's will. I love revelation and I am so thankful for it in my life. I love what it says in D&C 8:2-3 about revelation. "I will tell you in your mind and in your hear by the holy ghost..." The Lord will give us the inspiriation in our feelings and thoughts as we seek to be obedient and serve others. Sometimes hte feelings are small but he really does guide us everyday. This week is transfers. It's a busy week but I love it! I know I always say this but I love this work! I love serving the Lord. Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment