Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Friday, October 5, 2012

Zone Conference! 9/10

Dear family and friends, Kamusta na kayo? This week has been a another busy week! We went on two exchanges, had three zone conferences and had lots of other things come up that we weren't expecting. Needless to say it has been an amazing week! One of the highlights from this past week was zone conference. We had 3 different zone conferences to cover the whole mission. It was really interesting to see that even though the workshops and hte messages were pretty much the same for the 3 zone conferences missionaries got different things out of each zone con. It was interesting to see that. I don't know if I told you about our workshop for this zone conference but our main topic for zone conference was about becoming a visionary man. President's Workshop was incredible. I didn't get sick of hearing it even after 3 times! I felt so spiritually enlightened after the three zone conferences. I am so excited to strive to become a more visionary man in my life and especially as a missionaries. The Lord will give us a vision of the things we need to do as we qualify through obedience. In our workshop we talked about visions and then we talked about how to obtain a vision and how to accomplish your vision. Some people wanted to replace the word of vision with goal which can happen but if it's a vision its and inspirited goal or objected received through revelation. We talked out the area goals here in the Philipppines about rescue the one and we talked a lot about nephi, when he was told by the Lord to build a ship. It was a really good workshop and we received a lot of good feedback about it. It's so important that we have a vision for our areas and people that we teach. Without it it's hard to really make things happen. This past week I worked with an Elder name Elder Gaddi. I learned a lot from him on our exchanges. He teaches doctrine simply, boldly and with love. We taught some awesome lessons. It was a good reminder to me that simplicity is power in teaching to investigators. I'm sorry that this email is so short. Today we had a lot of unexpected things come up, including our computer network failing 2 times due to brownouts. In the end we got everything fixed. and now we are just finishing up our reporting. I love a quote from President Hinckley that President Martino always says, "Today there are problems to fix and relationships to savor". How true is that. There are no end to problems. We should look at them with a positive attidue and find solutions for the things that come up. This week I have seen many little miracles in my life and in the lives of others. God's timing is always perfect. It's amazing how he orchestrates our lives to accomplish his work and purposes. This week my testimony has been strenghtned of hte Love our heavenly Father has for each and everyone of us. He knows everysingle one of us and knows what is best for us. He performs miracles in our life based on our faith (Ether 12) I am so thankful for this knowledge to know of the reality of miracles in our lives everyday. I want to share some of these experiences with you after my mission. Some of them are sacred to me so I hesitate to put them in an email like this. I love you all and I love being a missionary! This work is amazing. Tomorrow will be my 6 week mark in the office which means I've been here for a transfer already! It's amazing how fast time goes! I love this work with all my heart. mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment