Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Friday, August 31, 2012

Another week of Exchanges! 8/27

Dear family, This past week has been another wonderful week packed full of exchanges. This week I worked in 6 zones and had some amazing spiritual experiences. One of my favorite exchanges this past week was in Paniqui zone. We attended their district meeting, zone service project and I worked with Elder Adao! Elder Adao is such a solid misisonary and it was so much fun to teach with him again. We did amazing work and taught some really spiritual lessons. Elder Adao and I had a great discussion about love and charity in our exchanges and the role it plays in our work. It was so clear to me that. As I have worked in all 11 zones in the misison this past week and have been around many missionaries I have gained a greater love and appreciation for all the misisonaires here in Philippines Angeles Mission. It is a powerful thing to see and get to know all of the amazing missionaries here. Everyone is really unique and has something to give and when you put all of them together it makes an amazing missionary force force for hte Lord. I thought about the stripling warriors and how the force of good they were. We are the same way. We only have176 missionaries but it's amazing what 176 people can do. One one of the exchanges this past week I worked with Elder Cadizal. On the exchange he showed me his copy of Jesus the Christ which was given to him by a man in his home ward. On the inside cover It said that it was a gift from President and Sister Leishman, Bacolod mission 1989. It made me happy to see it. I guess Elder Cadizal's ka-ward was one of Grandpa's missionaries. My exchange with him was awesome He is new in his area and we had a ward missionary working with us so we taught a lcouple people for the very first time. We had lesson plans going in but we ended up changing almost every plan because of hte promptings that we felt and in order to teach to their needs. We had some incredible lessons but my favorite was about praying to know the truth. We asked an investigator if she knew the B.O.M is true and she said "yes". I then asked were how she knew that. She didn't have anything to say. We then taught her the role of prayer in coming to know the truth. It was a really powerful lesson and I am thankful that we followed hte spirit. The driving here is still as crazy as ever. I am actually getting really comfortable on the roads and starting to make good time when we go places. I sometimes feel like I am in a video game when I am overtaking trike s and jeeps on busy city streets or country roads going through the fields. It's really fun though! You have asked questions about Elder Garcia so here are the answers. Elder Garcia is awesome! He is Mantalban Rizal which is by Manila. He is younger than I am in hte mission and we were housemates in cabanatuan for 3 months. He loves to cook and such a positive person. Even when there are big problems he is always positive and up-beat! He is also a missionary who knows how to follow the spirit. It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing, he will drop anything to follow a prompting from the spirit. Elder Garcia doesn't receive a lot of mail from his family so it would be awesome if you could send him a quick note in an email or if you ever send anything for me send something for him too! His email is exurg@myldsmail.net I love this work. Today we are preparing for our Zone Leader Council meeting tomorrow. It's going to be an amazing meeting and I am so excited for it! We have been preparing for a few weeks and I know that the Lord has helped us in our preparation. mahal ko kayong lahat! Love elder Leishman p.s. quick funny story. Yesterday we worked with Elder Tating and Elder tuitama, the zone leaders in Angeles. On the way home I was asking Elder Tuitama about a video he made for a meeting a couple months ago and I asked him what software he used to edit. I asked him if he had ever used "adobo". He said yeah I've tried "adobe" Then he said did you really just say adobo? You have been in the Philippines for way to long. We all had a really good laugh about that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment