Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, August 6, 2012

Magaaugust na! July 29

Dear Family and Friends, As usual this past week has been another good week. Right now Tagulan or the rainy season is in full swing. It rains every day without fail. Usually we'll have hot mornings but by mid-afternoon the rain comes down and the floods come up. We have a couple places that flood really easily so sometimes we walk in knee highwater to our appointments. There was one appointment where we were teaching a family and it started to rain really hard. As we were teaching there house started to flood, but they acted like it was no deal. We ask them and they said that it happens all the time and told us to keep teaching, so we kept teaching. By the time we were done with the lesson the water was more than ankle deep. It definately was an interesting but still spiritual lesson. This past week we have knocked on more doors than I ever have in my mission and have found some awesome investigators and even some less-active members. It's so important that we don't skip a house. The spirit will guide you to those who are prepared if you are sanctified and worthy of his guidance. It's so important that you worthy of the spirit at every second of the day. You never know when the promptings will come. One of the great joys this past week has been seeing the Galam family grow in the Gospel. Brother Galam is a recent convert and his wife is one of our investigators. Since we started teaching Sister Galam a couple of weeks ago she has been making awesome progress! She is a now a different person that she was before. She has gotten so excited about the Gospel that almost everytime we come over for an appointment she has a new friend of hers there she wants us to teach. Recent Converts are such an effective way to find new investigators. The greatest thing has been seeing them grow as family. Yesterday as we taught them about the Plan of Salvation and the spirit was so strong. My testimony of eternal families and the importance of families grew as we taught. It's so important to have the spirit do the teaching not the missionary. As you know a couple months ago our house got robbed so President told us to look for a new appartment. We have been looking for a while now and we finally found a good new appartment in a safer area. The New appartment is a lot nicer but the rent is the same. I included a picture of the view from the outiside. Elder Revillo is our Model for the shot to give you the good missionary appartmnet effect. We'll probablly move in in a couple of weeks. I really love this area. I love the people we are teaching. I have learned so much in the past few weeks and I wish I could share it all with you right now. Today we have a lot of reporting we have to get done, (zone goals, zone weekly report, zone mcr) so I I'm going to keep my email short. I know that this is the true church. Jesus Christ is our Savior. I love this work with all my heart. I love being a missionary mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment