Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, May 28, 2012

Tag-ulan, na?

Dear Family and Friends, I hope that you are doing great! This past week has been a very busy and awesome week! THis past Tuesday and Wednesday we had our zone leader's council meeting at the mission home again and it was awesome. To go to ZLC we woke up at 1:30am walked to bus station (because all the trike diver's are sleeping), took a bus to Cabanatuan, then took bus to San Fernando, Pampanga then, we took a jeep to a bus terminal where the assistants picked us up. Needless to say it's always an adventure traveling to ZLC. Especially because we almost missed one of the bus's we were supposed take... This transfer Elder Tating became a zone leader so it was really fun to see him! It was also good to see a lot of my batch, and other missionaries who I love a lot. ZLC is my favorite meeting in the mission. We talk about mission business, our mission training plan, have an open forum, receive training and have a testimony meeting. This month our mission will be focusing on the atonement. I love the Atonement and I am so excited to study this as a mission. President Martino gave training about the atonement and it was amazing. He talked about so many things I have never understood about the atonement before. It was almost mind-blowing. The atonement is one of my favorite things to study and I am so excited to study this as a mission. For the past month we have really been struggling to get investigators to church. We have been doing all me could to invite them, commit them, involve members, and pick them up to go to church. However we havn't had very much success until yesterday! Yesterday we had many investigators at church and we also lots of less-actives attend who we have been working with. Yesterday our attendance was 100! That is the highest by far I have ever seen it. It's all because of the rescue program. It is such a joy to see the people you work with come to church! It's hard to describe the feeling as you see a less-active family who you have been fasting and praying for walk into the chapel for the first time in 9 years. It's a feeling of true joy. This family I am talking about is the De Dios family. Brother and Sister De Dios are both members and have 4 children none of which who are members. They were a referral from our Bishop and when we went to visit them the first time they weren't that excited to see us. The first thing they asked when they opened their door was "Sino ang nagsabi sa inyo na pumunta dito?", or "who told you to come here" They weren't that excited at first but after talking on the doorstep for a couple of minutes they invited us in and we shared a message about family prayer. By the end of our lesson they had lots of questions and were excited to set a return appointment. It has been wonderful to see the Gospel flame reignited in their hearts. Right now their two oldest son's ages 12 and 10 are preparing for baptism. They should hopefully be baptized on the last week of may! Things are going well here in San Jose. I love Elder Adao. I'm am so thankful he is my companion. I learn a lot from him everyday! Next week is transfers already and I have no idea what's going to happen. I'll let you know when I find out! Fight the Good Fight of Faith mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman ps. the pictures are 1 me and Elder Andrus at ZLC. Love Elder Andrus 2- Me in Front our the Church after our P.E.C. meeting yesterday and 3- A picture of my district. We played basketball this morning with some members.

No comments:

Post a Comment