Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, May 28, 2012

Tag-init!

Dear Family and Friends, This past week has been a very hot, sweaty, amazing week! Right now summer is in full blast and it is HOT!! It's to describe how hot it is. The package you sent with the Old spice came just in the nick of time! This past week we had a lot of wonderful experiences and a lot of challenges as well. One of the great parts of this past week was preparing a workshop we are going to give to our zone. Tomorrow we zone interviews with President Martino and we are givin a work shop. We have been thinking and praying about this workshop for weeks but we really weren't sure what the Lord wanted to talk about with our zone. After much prayer and fasting we recieved inspiration and revelation. The revelation didn't all come at once but it came. It came while we were in lesssons, in Nightly planning, on exchanges and in companionship study. We decided that our workshop needs to be one finding new investigators through less-active members specifically through part-member families and asking referrals from less-active members. With the huge focus right now on rescuing less-actives and seeing the needs of our zone we know that this is what our workshop needs to be about. This past week we have tried asking referrals from less-active members and have seen wonderful things happen. This is a way of strengthening less-active members and at the same time helping others come unto Christ! I am excited to give it tomorrow with Elder Adao. This past week we had soooo many lessons fall through. Probably more than I have experienced in my whole mission. However because of that we were able to find some awesome new investigators and we actually ended up teaching a lot of lessons. We also saw an improvement in our investiagtors attending sacrament meeting, One of the Highlights of this past weeek was teaching a less-active family for the first time as a complete family. We have been trying to teach them for 2 months and last night it family. We sang families can be together forever and taught them about the importance of family prayer. As we taught about family prayer the mother told us how they used to have family prayer when their children were young and they were all active. She spoke tenderly of the joy and love that family prayer had brought to her family when they were young. By the end of the lesson the entire family had commited to us and to each other to have family prayer. They miss the church and now are looking for a way back. This lesson was special for so many reasons. The first was that we were able to teach a full family. A mother, father and 5 children. It was also wonderful because the parents both shared their testimonies and everyone in the room felt the spirit. The Gospel really is for families. I love it! There are a thousand more things I want to say but I want to say that I know this church is true. I love this Gospel and I feel so blessed to be a missionary! It's hard work and I love it! I love San Jose and I feel like my love for all people is increasing. I love the Philippines ad i love my Savior! mahal ko kayo Love Elder Leishman p.s. As far as the pictures go... The first picture is of Me and a Kalabaw. We took a short cut through the recently harvested rice fields on a way to an appointment and ran into a Kalabaw. The second picture is of me in front of our neighbors house. They have a ton of these flowers that grow on these vine type of things. The third picture is of my shoes. That's what a lot of walking will do to a pair of echos! However don't worry I'm going to get them repaired and it's going to cost me 30 pesos Or about 75 cents. p.p.s. The pictures were taken with the camera you sent me which is working great.

No comments:

Post a Comment