Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, February 27, 2012

Goodbye Cabanatuan, Hello San Jose! 2/27




Dear Friends and Family,

This past week was a very crazy week! This past week was transfers and as it turns about I got transfered. I am now in San Jose zone in Ward 1. I am still a zone leader and my new companion is Elder Adao from san Paublo Laguna When I opened the Transfer announcements from the assistants I felt that pang of saddness when I read that I would be transfered. Over the past 4 months I have really grown to love Cabanatuan. At first I didn't love it... I had a hard adjustment at the beggining but now I really love it. I have gain a real love for Cabanatuan, the members, the investigators and the area. It was also pretty sad to leave Elder Casilac. We really had a great companionship. On the other end of thigns coming here to San Jose has been great. I felt a sense of peace knowing that the Lord wants me here. Most of the zone is very rural. However in our area we have part of the San Jose city, which is pretty small,along with some bukid areas. It's a beautiful place. Right now we have some awesome missionaries in the zone and I am very excited for this transfer! We have a lot of work to do and we are excited to do it!

This past saturday we had a baptism. This is the first time I have coming into an area and had a baptisms that fast. Sister Bade was baptized by here husband who is a recent convert. It was such a powerful baptism! The spirit was so strong. Baptisms are so much better when a family member can do the baptism. It helps brings families together better. The Bade's were sad that the missionary I replaced left, but they warmly welcomed me. Our ward here is one of the best functioning wards I have seen in the Philippines which makes me really happy. It makes cordinating with the members much easier. In our area right now we have some strengths and weaknesses but we have a lot of places we can improve. I just know that it's going to be a great transfer! There are 4 missionaries in my new house and I am the only American. I love the Filipino Elders and we are getting along great. In my last two areas we had a nanay who washed our clothes. Here we don't, so I washed my clothes early this morning by hand and I gained a much bigger appreciation for all of the nanay's who do laundry!

This week I have loved my personal study. I have learned so much! I love how every time you read the scriptures you learn something new no matter how many times you have them. I read one of my favorite chapters of the Book of Mormon in Alma 5. I love how Alma talks about the need for a mighty changes of heart and if we have felt a change of heart, can we feel it now? This is such a great explaination of conversion and faith. To experience conversion we need to change. This change starts because of our faith, however once we have changed we need to continue to strive for greater conversion through exercising our faith and following the commandments. If we don't do this we will lose the change of heart we have experienced. It's so important that once we are converted we stay converted. Also once we are truly converted we change. We become "new creatures" through the atonement. What a joy the Gospel is. This was a great tool for me to help me in my quest for greater conversion and in helping my investigators and less-actives gain a mighty change of heart.

I love this Gospel. I love my Savior. This is the only true church on the face of the Earth.

mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman

pictures. THe first picture is of my last day in Cabanatuan. That sign means I am a cabanatueno which means resident of cabanatuan like American for someone from America.

The second picture is of a family home evening we had with the caluza family on my last monday. The last picture is from the baptisms last saturday.


No comments:

Post a Comment