Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

3 New Members in Cabanatuan 2/19



Dear Family and friends,

Wow! This past week has been awesome! We had our challenges but so many good things happened! One of the great things that happened was our baptism last Saturday. Vivian, Brian and Marcelino were baptized and confirmed. The baptism was great. The spirit is different at baptisms. It is just such a special thing to witness and to be a part of. Baptisms is such an important step in every one of our lives. I have talked about Marcelino in the past but as a reminder he is a part-member whose family has been less-active for years. Now the family is reactivated and are preparing to go to the temple in August or September to be sealed. It was wonderful to see how happy the Caluza family has become and to see them at Marcelino's baptism. Vivian and Brian are great as well. It has been a real joy to watch their conversion. They have come to know the truth of the Gospel through the spirit and especially through Ang Aklat ni Mormon. They love to read the Book of Mormon. it has brought peace to their lives and answered their questions. They are so excited about the church that they have given us many referrals. One of them is a family of 7 who want to come closer to God.

This past week when we went to one of our appointments at a part-member house we found out that they had a visitor. Their visitor was named Sam and is from England. His wife died a few years ago so he moved to the Philippines and became friends with the family we are teaching. We invited Sam to listen to the lesson and I taught in English for the first time in my entire mission. Sam is atheist and had a lot of questions. Filipinos love God and almost everyone has a firm belief in Jesus Christ so it was definatly an adjustment to teach an Atheist... in English. Even though Sam would accept any commitments or and didn't like any of the answers we gave to his questions, it was a powerful lesson. I felt the Spirit testify that what I said was true. The mother of the Family(who is less-active) also bore her testimony and it was powerful. It made me really sad that Sam wouldn't accept our teaching. I desired his salvation. He is such a nice man, but doesn't really have a firm purpose in life. I am thankful for the Gospel in my life and the foundation and peace it brings all of us.

I love this work! I love being here is Cabanatuan. The rescue program is the Philippines is revelation and is the best! I just love it. This week we have transfers and I'll let you knows what happens next week.

mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman


Pictures: The first picture is of me and the tricycle of less-active member we have been teaching. He is now active with his wife and 7 children. Please read the Words on the tricyle... I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
The next two pictures are of our baptism this past week. One of Marcelino and his Family (minus a couple siblings who are working) and one group picture from the baptism.


No comments:

Post a Comment