Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Last Week at the MTC!


We can't believe the end of Elder Joe's stay at the MTC is near! They will be leaving the MTC on Monday afternoon and flying to San Fransisco. Then they take the redeye to Hong Kong and then to Manila, arriving around 11:30 AM. Sounds like some FUN travel plans...

Here's what he had to say March 14, 2011.


So as usual it has been a good week. there was one experience in particular that stands out to me from this past week. One or two times a week, we teach progressive investigators in the district that came in with us. elder Tomasi and I have slowl been moving through the lessons in Tagolog with them. this past week for the first time we took the time to really plan for our lesson and how we could teach to their needs. For the first time with them I felt like we were teaching pepole, not just teaching a lesson. The difference was huge! the spirit was very strong, we were able to engage our investigators in our lesson, and we were able to teach to their needs. Our tagolog wasn't perfect because we taught things that we have never taught in tagolog before but the spirit was so strong and I could tell that we all could feel it. the spirit dos the teaching, not the missionary. it's amazing to be able to feel the spirit so strongly when teaching other missionaries. I can't wait to see what it will be like when I'm teaching a real investigator.

I apologize for lack of sending scriptures. this past week I read the story of Enos. I love this story and the great example of prayer that it is. Vs 1-18 are great, but one of my favorite verses in the chapter is 15 "...whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of christ, ye shall receive it," how true this is. Prayer is essential in all that we do but the qualifier ifor receiving personal revelation is faith. There is a reason that faith is the first principal of the gospel. It is the first building block in the conversion process and no missionary can succeed without it. In the MTC my testimony of prayer has grown a lot. I say more prayers here than Iever have before in my life. Prayer has become one of my best friends and I have learned how important it is to everything that we do.

Elder Tomasi is doing great! Thanks for all the letters sent to him! In all honesty watching him read his letters is one of my favorite parts of the day. He never fails to amaze me with his strong testimony, heartfelt teaching, and desire to serve others. It has been such a blessing to be his companion. I can't believe that I'll have a new companion in a week. Time flies!

Mahal Kita

Elder Leishman


No comments:

Post a Comment