Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, March 21, 2011

Last Letter in America


I was surprised Elder Leishman had time to send off a letter on his last day at the MTC. Thank you to everyone who has written and supported him these last two months. We had a great phone call tonight from the airport. Elder Joe said he had seen E Gibbons, E Foster, E Lalli, E Hamilton, E Johnson and E Holmes over the last couple of weeks. He is thankful for great teachers and a wonderful experience there.



Dear family and friends,



I can hardly believe that I am writing my last email in the mtc! It many ways the fact that I am leaving to go to the Philippines tonight doesn't seem real yet. My experience in the mtc has been amazing! However I know that preaching the gospel in the Philippines is going to be sooooooooo much better! So my last week in the mtc was one of the best. The past two days have been my favorite. On saturday we had our last classes with our teachers. The last classes you have with your teachers are the best. Brother May and Brother Molina both brought out pictures from their missions, told us stories, and let us ask any questions we had about the Philippines. It was so much fun. For the first time in weeks our teachers spoke all english to us and to tell you the truth it was really weird.... I can't tell you how blessed our district was with our teachers. Brother Molina is the best Tagalog speaker and teacher in the mtc and the other teachers will tell you that. Brother May is really good too. Both of our teachers taught us the importance of things like obedience, dilligence and teaching to needs during our first weeks which made a significant difference for the rest of our time at the mtc. My teachers at the mtc did a great job helping us prepare to go to the philippines. I also was blessed with a great district at the mtc. We were a very obedient zone and it the effects of our obedience were great. We were able to focus better, learn more and just have a better time because we were obedient. Oh by the way my mtc district was 3D. Pretty great I know.



So really quickly I will address four square for my last time. Friday was our last day of gym. Despite the many efforts of the elder's in the spanish zone, when gym ended I was standing strong in the king square. Nothing like ended your 4-square career as reigning king! And so ended the great rivalry between the Tagalog and Spanish zones.....



I am so thankful for all of you and for my opportunity to be a missionary. Elder Tomasi is doing great and is very excited to go to the philippines. I think the most important things I have learned in the mtc are 1- Obedience 2- dilligence. 3- Magtrabaho Magtrabaho Magtrabaho. Work Work Work. All day everyday. 4- We need to the Spirit in everything we do 5- Pray your heart out everyday.



I cannot express my excitement in words for what I'm about to do. I can't say I don't have any feelings of nervousness, but I know that it's going to be so great.



Mahal Kita



Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment