Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, April 2, 2012

Diligence April 2


Dear Family and Friends,

It's crazy how fast time flies. Right now it's the last week of the transfer. We have transfers on Thursday so I'll let you know what happens next week. This past week has been an awesome week! We had 2 exchanges this past week which went really well. The hardest thing about exchanges is leaving your area. Even if it's for a day I can't help but think about what's going on in my area and how my investigators are. It's sometimes hard to let someone else teach the people you love so much.

This past week we were teaching an investigator and I made a very simple mistake in Tagalog, and the investigator got pretty offended at what I said. I didn't have any bad intentions in what I said but the investigator didn't see that. I felt really bad after the lesson, but that experience taught me a lot. Since then I have a new desire to master Tagalog. I can speak Tagalog pretty well but sometimes I make stupid mistakes and i am still working on my accent. I know that I need to keep studying dilligently to recieve the Lord's help through the gift of tongues. However don't be to worried about the investigator. We went back and taught him and everything was good. He is the part member father I talked about last week and he is making awesome progress! He is slowly recognizing learning to recognize the spirit and is excited for conference this upcoming week.

One of the things that I realized this past week was the need to focus on Preach my Gospel. Sometimes I get so focused on the scriptures that I forget about Preach My Gospel. Preach My Gospel is such an amazing book and I know that every page of it was inspired of God. It's our guide as missionaries and we need to study it. When I started to study it more in depth this past week I learned so much and was reminded of so many important principles of missionary work and of the doctrine in the missionary lessons. We are so blessed as missionaries to have preach my gospel.

This past week has been a great one! Sorry if this email is pretty boring. It was a really good week. The picture I sent is of a spider we caught in the house the other day... It's pretty good sized. As far as god stories go. Last week we were walking through the ricefields to one of our apointments and I had to jump to another dike where I we could walk and I when I landed I slipped and fell flat on my back. My pants but super muddy but it was so funny. I laughed really really hard. Gotta love it!

I love being a missionary! This is such a rewarding work. I am also excited for general conference! I have been preparing for weeks now and I cannot wait till this sunday. I figured out that a lot of what you get from general conference comes from your preparation so I ahve been trying to get really prepared.

mahal ko kayo!

Love Elder Leishman


No comments:

Post a Comment