Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Cabanatuan 11/21

Dear Family and friends,

This past week has been another good week. The work is progressing in our area. Slowly but surely. This transfer we have found a lot of new investigators but with most of them after 2 or 3 teaching appointments, they move, or start hiding or we can't get a hold of them again. However we have found some wonderful people who are making progress. A lot of them have concerns but though finding their concerns we have been able to really focus our teaching and study on them. Missionary work is so wonderful when you are teaching people not lessons.

This past week we continued our efforts with some of the less active members in the ward and they are making awesome progress. Elder Burog and I have already seen the blessings of the Gospel return to their lives. We have also had some of start to attend church. One of them even worked with us one time this week and is now planning to go on a mission. Before we thought that he didn't have a chance of going on one. Working with and rescuing less active members is another great part of missionary work. It brings real joy and seeing a less active member come back is often like seeing a baptism It's great! One of the great parts of working with less active members is they almost always have family or friends who aren't members and that is how we find a large part of our investigators.

One of the important things I have learned this past week was the importance of faith in Missionary work. Not just on the part of investigators but on the part of the missionaries. Faith is our foundation and it's through faith that we are able to preach the Gospel. Without faith nothing will happen. It takes faith to go out everyday. I know that miracles happen everyday and they happen through faith. I love the example of the Brother of Jared. His faith was so strong he couldn't be kept from seeing the Lord. That's real faith. For me I am trying to strengthen my faith to the point where I can do anything the Lords needs me to do and to have the courage to do it.

This past week I also learned the importance of attitude. We usually can't chose our situations, but we choose how we react to them. Our attitude makes all the difference in life. I learned taht I need to choose to love things. Whether they be hard or easy I need to have a positive attitude and look for the good. There is good that comes from all things, we just need to find it! It's about enjoying the little things. The little things make all the difference. Espescially in living the Gospel.

I love you all and I love being a missionary! This is the Lord's work.

Tomorrow I'm 20 That's kind of crazy

Well,
mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment