Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

CAB November 14


Dear Family, friends and loved ones,

Yet again it's been another good week in Cabanatuan. This week we had more appointments fall through than I have ever experienced before but we also received some great blessings. Sometimes its discouraging when you get all the way to your 4th or 5th back up plan and either the people you want to teach aren't home or have some reason for being able to be taught. However this past week I learned that God works in his own ways to lead you to the people that he prepared to hear the Gospel. This past week we had one of these experiences. We got "punted" 5 times and we decided to go and try to contact a former investigator we had talked to on the street a few days earlier. When we found the man's house there was nobody home but we started to talk to his neighbor Charlie. It turns out Charlie has been feeling lost and has been searching for direction in his life. After talking to him about the Gospel he invited us into his house and we taught an awesome lesson! He came to church the next day and loved it! Tonight we are going back to teach him again. I am so excited for Charlie. Yesterday we also had some less active members we have been working with come back to church. It is wonderful to see people come back to church. There are a lot of reasons for members to become inactive but I have found real joy in working with them and helping them resolve their concerns and come back to the Gospel.

This morning we had a ddm meeting about personal revelation and it made me think about the blessing of Revelation. Personal revelation is one of the greatest blessing! I love revelation! Revelation is so important for every aspect of missionary work. For me one of the greatest times to receive personal revelation is during personal study. However I have learned that personal revelation comes more freely when I have a specific question, or am thinking about a specific person. The Lord said "Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you" but it's harder to have the door of revelation opened if we don't ask. God wants to guide us but we need to seek his guidance and ponder to receive it. It's also important to write down the revelation we receive. I have started taking notes in my planner and in my study journal of revelation and it has made a huge difference in the Work. The great thing about revelation is it's available for all of us. Revelation is especially important for investigators too!

Cabanatuan is good. I'm blessed to be assigned here. I just really love being a missionary.

mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman

ps. If the picture works, the picture is of Elder Andrus and I at a service project we did for a less active member. It turns out he has a giant harry potter poster at the back of his store. It really made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment