Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, January 23, 2012

Jan 15 Another Transfer!



Mga minamahal kong pamilya at kaibigan,

This past week has been an interesting week. It was transfers this past week, and as you guessed I didn't get transfered! This means I get another 6 weeks in Cabanatuan! We had a lot of transfers in the zone this transfer our zone is going to be awesome! Elder Tating got transferred into Cabanatuan Zone and is a new district leader. I am so excited to be zone mates with him. In the Philippines when you train a new missionary you become a tatay, which means dad. Your trainee is your anak, or your child. Elder Tating is my anak in the mission. Elder Tating trained after me in Burgos, and his trainee is now training. This means that I am now a great grandpa in the Philippines Angeles mission! It's pretty exciting I know. This means that there are five generations in my mission family who are still in the Field. That's a lot! Anyways, back to the new zone... Sister Young from Bountiful got transferred to Cabanatuan and we have two new missionaries from Bacolod. One's name is Elder Lozano. He told me that His father knows Grandpa Lolo. I'm very excited for this transfer and for the new zone.

This past week we made zone great progress with some of our investigators. Vivian and Bryan are a mother and son that we found on a bus. We left them our number on a pamphlet and they text-ed us and said that they wanted us to come and teach them. We went and taught them and they as close to golden as I have found in my misison. They came to church, they read, pray, are now following the word of wisdom and are just awesome. Yesterday we taught them after church and when we visited them Vivian told us about all the churches she has attended in her search for the truth. She said that she always felt that something was missing and she wasn't comfortable in any of the churches she had entered. Yesterday she said that she finally felt comfortable and that nothing was missing. It just felt right. That's the spirit. Bryan and Vivian have a baptism date for the second week of February.

This week we also had more appointments fall through than I have every experienced in my mission... However things are still going to. The work of God is still progressing. No unhallowed hand can stop the work! This week we had a broadcast from the Area Presidency about establishing the Church in the Philippines. It was so amazing. I am so excited for our goals this year in the Philippines we have real work to here in Establishing the Church. We as missionaries are going to play a big role in this. The key in doing this is going to be the misisonaries and the members working together in unity and having everyone catch the vision! My favorite quotes from the Conference were "without a vision the people perish", "If not now, when? If not us, who?" "They is us" (In reference in thinking that other people will do things) and "We havn't seen anything yet. The best is yet to come!" I hope that everyone, especially the members get as excited about this as I am!

This past week my favorite scripture come from D&C 6:36. "Look to me in every thought. Doubt not. Fear not." This was an important reminder to me of always thinking about Jesus Christ. Everyweek we covenant to remember our Savior always, and as we do we will have the Spirit to be with us. When the spirit is with us we have no reason to doubt or to fear. When our confidence is in the Lord, not in ourselves, we become instruments of God.

I really love this work! I love my companion. I just love it.

Mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman

ps. The first picture is of the old zone at transfer announcements. The second picture is us eating adobo after a service project.


No comments:

Post a Comment