Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, December 19, 2011

Pasko! 12/18


Dear Friends and Family,

I can hardly belive that this week is Christmas! This month has flown by. To start off this letter I want to share a miracle that we experienced this past week. Last week we had an appointment to teach two investigators who are students at a university here. When we went to their house their next store neighbor called out to us and told us they weren't home. We ended up talking to the neighbor who referred us to her daughter who is a less active member who was baptized 8 years ago. The daughter had moved but was still in our area. This past week we were able to contact the less-active member and we were greeted with a large smiles from her and her family. We taught Sister Dela Cruz with her husband and son. The spirit touched them as we taught about families and how the Gospel blesses families. This is one little miracle that happened. This week we have a return appointment and I am so excited. They have the potential to be an eternal family. That is really what missionary work is about. Building eternal Families. Working with part member families are such a great way to this.

This past week was another good one. The work is starting to pick up a little. We have a lot of investigators that are so close to gaining a testimony and becoming ready to make convenants with the Lord. I am excited for these next couple of weeks and what is going to happy. This time of year is such a great one. I am excited for my first Christmas in the mission. Joy won't be baptized this week but next week she will. Her brother is so excited to have his sister join the church and will be the one to baptize Joy. They also reffered us to their father this past week which I am excited about.

Right now I wish I had more time to type. However my time is up.

I love being a missionary and I love serving the Lord. This is the Lord's work and I am so blessed to be a part of it.

mahal ko kayo

Maligayang Pasko!

ps. the picture is of the branch missionaries, Elder Casilac and I eating lunch in front of our apartment before we went out to work. I'll send you Christmas pictures next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment