Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, August 8, 2011

August 7

Dear Family and Friends,

It's that time again. It's amazing how fast a week goes. This past week was extremely busy and was full of ups and downs but none the less was a great one! This past week I taught my first workshop in a district meeting, and was able to conduct a baptismal interview for the first time. They were both awesome experiences. This past week we only had one day with a normal schedule. We went into Tarlac 4 times for meetings and interviews and we had baptismal interviews for our investigators. It was a challenge to balance all of our business and still fit in all of our appointments and study time with an extra hour everyday. However whether it was waking up early or coming home a little early we were able to fit everything in. One of the things I have really loved in my mission is the time I have to study. I love the scriptures! Through the scriptures we can receive revelation and answers to questions. Through the scriptures we get to better know our Savior. The scriptures need to be a part of our lives everyday. No matter how busy or crazy our lives are we need to find time everyday to read the scriptures. I have to say I that I am so blessed to have Elder Tating as my companion. He is great! We come from very different backgrounds but we get a long great and are really becoming a team in the work. Elder Tating is excited about the work, about our investigators, is very teachable and just great. We both are learning from each other and are developing a great love in our companionship.

This past week Mayanne had her baptism interview and she talked! My prayers were answered. However she didn't attend church yesterday (long story) so her baptism is being moved to august 20. However we still have 1 baptism this coming saturday. Yesterday we had a lot of investigators not attend church. It is difficult to not have your investigators come to church. I love them and know how important church attendance is in their conversion and I pray for them everyday. Satan really works on investigators to get them to not come to church but as they do they feel the spirit. Right now church attendance is the main concern of almost all of our investigators. They read and pray but when sunday comes around they don't come to church. This week we are going to focus on helping our investigators overcome concerns in order to help them attend church.

This past week I have thought about the tender mercies of the Lord. Our heavenly father knows each and everyone of us and is aware of all we are going through. This past week I have felt the tender mercies of the Lord in my own life and have seen them in the lives of others. The things is that the Lord usually works through others to bless our lives. I am thankful for all the people in my life that been the answers to my prayers. I hope that we can all be more in tune with the spirit to become the answer to someone else's prayer.

I love you all so much and I pray for you everyday. You all know know this but I really love being a missionary.

Mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman



No comments:

Post a Comment