Elder Joe Leishman~Philippines Angeles Mission

January 2011-January 2013

Monday, July 18, 2011

6 months today!

Dear Family, Friends and anyone who may read this,

As you can guess it has been another great week her is Burgos. Tomorrow is the 6 month mark of my mission which is hard to believe! It's really hard to describe time in the mission. It's fast... soooo fast. This past week we taught the most lessons I have a taught in a week and most of them were to investigators that are progressing! One of the highlights of the week was an experience with one of our investigators named Jennifer Macapulay. Jennifer is the sister of Cesar Andujar (a recent convert). When we asked Jennifer about her prayer about Jospeh Smith her response was awesome. She said that she has prayed her whole life but since we started teaching her she has felt a different spirit. She said that she feels it when she prays, reads the Book of Mormon, and when we teach her. She said that when she asked if Joseph Smith was a prophet she felt this different spirit really strongly. She then said I know that this spirit is from God and that Joseph Smith is a true prophet. When she said this the spirit filled the room. We were then able to explain that this feeling she felt was the Holy Ghost. The rest of the lesson was very powerful and she attended church yesterday for the first time! She has a Baptismal Goal date of August 13. Yesterday Charlie Dupitas Blessed the Sacrament and Pepito passed the sacrament. It was amazing to see these new priesthood holders in their new white shirts participate in the Sacrament for the first time. It brought me real joy.

I think one of the most important lessons I learned this past week was the importance of love in your companionship. One day this past week I was really frustrated with my companion. I'm pretty sure he was mad at me as well. The spirit wasn't with us and I realized that when there is contention is your companionship the spirit leaves, and you really can't do any missionary work without the spirit. I realized that I needed to find more ways to serve Elder Calianga and just Love him. I started to do something I like to call gratitude post its. Once a day I write a post it to Elder Calianga expressing my gratitude to him in someway. Elder Calianga was really surprised at first, but I have seen a real change in our companionship. I can honestly say I love my companion. Though these sticky notes I have been able to look for the good in my companion instead of his faults and I have gained a greater desire to serve and love him. When there is love in a companionship, there is unity, and when there is unity there is power. Really it all comes back to Love.

Mom, dad and family, I would also like to thank you for the package! It made my day to say the least. The Yoda Shirt is number 1, the tape was awesome, and the comments on the pictures were oh so excellent! It was so nice to hear everyone's voices. Also jeff is way better at talking and his voice is already changing! I promise I'll make you a tape and send it to you. If you have any questions that you want me to answer on the tape let me know! Really though, thank you so much for the package! Last week I also recieved the Leishman line, so please give my thanks to grandpa. The Leishman line is awesome! I also recieved letters from the primary which were awesome as well. I'm glad to hear that trek went well for everyone!

Next week is transfers so p-day is on Wednesday not monday. There is a good chance I could transfer but you never really know. I'll give you the news next week.

I'm happy and I just love my mission!

Mahal ko kayo

Love Elder Leishman

No comments:

Post a Comment